Dearest Ayla,
I know we say this every year, but it doesn't seem possible that another year has come and gone. SIX. That is the age you turn today. Six years ago I knew I wanted a baby, but I had no idea how much joy you would bring to our lives. The traits that we love about you are that you are hard-headed, you pay attention to everything going on around you, and I truly think you could run our household better than a babysitter. You are much wiser than your six years!
Now that you are in Kindergarten your life has changed. You go to school every morning at 7:15, which means you are up by 6 am. I pick you up from school at 3:15. Then due to your highly social personality, you usually have an activity to do. Right now you are doing swim twice a week, dance once a week, and getting ready to start Daisy's. You love playing with your friends and beg for playdates. You know everything going on and make sure that we take you to it! One day in your Daily Folder your teacher wrote. "Ayla keeps me on my toes...in a good way." I thought to myself, "Yep, that's my girl."
Favorite things you are into right now....the color pink, arts and crafts, building and snuggling with your vast amount of blankets (they have to be soft ones) as well as your stuffed animals, and of course, that sister of yours...you never forget about her. You also LOVE Disney since going there as well as traveling. You love hanging out with your grandma and grandpa too! You have a heart of gold and a determination that I pray that you keep and always remember.
The one thing we fight with you about, and I don't see it ending soon, is eating food! It's a nightly drama fest because you want everything peeled (bread, hot dogs, chicken, etc.), nothing touching, and honestly would prefer to just live on desserts. But, I figure you can't be perfect...no one is...so we continue to be "parents" and make you eat your dinner!
Thank you Ayla for all the love you have brought us. We love you so very much!
Mom and Dad










No comments:
Post a Comment