Friday, December 20, 2013

B is THREE!!!!


Dearest Brooklyn,

Another year has come and gone; as your mom I am left wondering, “where did this past year go?”  This past year you have really found yourself.  For the longest time we couldn’t quite figure out your personality, but no worries, we have now!  You are spunky, creative, a “free spirit”, and beat to a your own drum.  

You’ve spent the year playing.  You go to Ms. Pat’s three days a week where you just love “your friends”.  We often hear about Hayden, Soren, Molly, Dylan, and Jack.  I feel so blessed to have such a nice lady as Ms. Pat in your life.  She loves you as her own and the hugs you two exchange every morning when I drop you off, makes my heart melt.  I love how you have nicknamed her Patty.  Additionally, you created a routine when I drop you off.  You go to her big picture window and stand there and wait until I pass by in my van, then I roll down my window and you, Pat, and your friends wave at me.  I love this!  I think I will forever picture you in this window waving goodbye to me.  

You are definitely a mama’s girl.  There is NO denying this.  It’s one of my favorite things about you, the bond that we have together.  However, sometimes I have to admit it is a bit excessive.  You don’t even want your dad to give you a bath or anything.  Many nights we don’t let you win, so you scream and cry as you are bathed by your dad.  You have this funny relationship with your dad.  He tells you no, you point to him.  You have a way to get through his “hard” side and make him laugh.  Again, I love it!  

I can’t figure this one out but you are always confused to what time of the day it is.  You can’t figure out if we are eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner; nor where we are going (even though I have told you a million times).  I think you have a little ploy going on in your head to mess with mine.  

You used to hate to get on the highway in the van.  It took about six months but you have got over that phase, finally.  You would cry as I would go down a ramp to get onto a highway.  SO glad we are done with this phase.  

This past year was also was a year of you being TOTALLY potty trained.  Right when you turned two, you decided you didn’t want anything to do with diapers (day or night).  We went with it, and about a month later, you were done with diapers all together.  Ayla encouraged you a lot and you have always wanted to be big like your sister.  

Your health is always an issue.  In June you got your second set of tubes and adenoids taken out.  You did great and it worked.  But a month later you were sick all the time.  We are still trying to figure all of this out but we have figured out you have asthma (like your mama).  Your ears are still an issue (they have been draining this week) and your sinus have been infected as well.  Additionally in October you were placed on allergy shots.  So weekly you get a shot now.  It only took you two months not to cry when you get them.  So we will continue to fight for you and your health.  It’s an ongoing issue, but you are a trooper and never throw a fit...you just fight.  It could always be so much worse so I tend to focus on how blessed we are to have you.  


You always started dance this past year.  In August you started at Columbia Performing Arts Center, where Ayla goes as well.  You LOVED it, then about two months into it, you cried the whole class.  It broke my heart.  Dad took you one time and you were perfect.  After that time you told me you would be good if I took you again, and it worked.  Your performance at the Christmas Recital was priceless.  We found out that you will stand up for yourself.  

This year has been a lot of fun with you.  Helping you learn, explore the world, and grow are some of my favorites but I could go on and on.  God blessed us when he gave you to our family.  Brooklyn, we love you!

Love You,
Mom

1 comment:

Aslam said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all
need!b Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

Brick steps repair in Brooklyn

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers