Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Spread Your Wings And Fly Little Girl

For the past almost six years, I have had Ayla by my side and today we sent her to Kindergarten.  The only thing going through my mind the past couple of days is "Spread Your Wings and Fly Little Girl"; the time has come.  The time has come for me to let go and to let her find her own space in this world.  After years of protecting her, today she takes a major step in this world...it's called school.  I know I will always be her mom and we will have plenty of time together...but moms that have been where I am probably remember this BIG day.  I couldn't be more proud of the girl that my Ayla has become.  I have no doubts that she will embrace school and excel.

This morning we took Ayla and she was brave, and so were we; no tears were shed.  Sounds like she had a great day.  She told me all about having 19 kids in her class, going to library, playing on the playground and the 14 swings that they have there, and much much more.  I was so happy she shared about her day with us.  But the minute I got her in the car, I said, "How was Kindergarten?"  Her reply,  "I'm hungry and I don't want to go back."  So hopefully tomorrow she will change her views.  Later, in talking to her I found out she didn't want to go back because she said it wore her out.  Tonight we got her to bed at 7:30 in hopes of helping her getting enough rest for tomorrow.  (and a side note, she only had a half of day of school today...so she better get prepared).

T'was the night before Kindergarten...











No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers