Sunday, January 6, 2013

Looks Like We Are A Diaper Free Household Now...

Out with the diapers, in with the underwear....well, we still have pull-ups for naps and overnight (even though she hasn't really needed those either).  Brooklyn is rockin' the whole potty training thing.  The past two days have been totally accident free!  Though I feel like I more intimate with our bathroom than ever...it's been a success!  I can handle our bathrooms, but anyone that knows me, knows that public restrooms aren't my thing.  But I suck it up and go in there just like it's our bathroom....even though it is GROSS!  Brooklyn has filled up her chart with 5, 10, 15, 20 squares and is now working on her chart with 25 squares.  Go B!  My favorite thing about this experience is the smirk/smile that lights up on her face when she goes.

When Brooklyn gets a Skittle for going or a prize for filling up her chart, she is adamant that Ayla get the same thing.  So I had a talk with Ayla.  When she gets a Skittle from Brooklyn, she gets excited and tells Brooklyn "Good Job".  When B gets a prize for filling a chart, I told Ayla she would get one too because I have been putting a lot of time towards Brooklyn during this process, and it's our way of saying "Thank You" for allowing us to work on this with Brooklyn.  It's going great, and I have no complaints.  I know we will still have our days...but I think we are over the hump now!  YIPEE!!!

1 comment:

chrisderekwilson said...

This makes me want to cry but totally for a good reason! I can see Brooklyn's face as she smirk/smiles. And then Ayla giving her praise. Cute girls! You both have done a wonderful job raising those little girls. Love you all : )

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers