Thursday, December 20, 2012
TWO!!!!
Two years ago, I remember it like yesterday....and it seems like yesterday. Time sure has flown since our sweet, little blue-eyed girl was born two years ago.
The past year has been a year of watching you grow. Grow into a quiet, girl who sure can "give looks." You still don't say a lot, but we've decided it's part of who you are. You can say many words, but you are the quiet one who stands back and watches. You've also grown into a great little sister. Watching Ayla and you play together is one of my favorite activities. It's truly a special bond the two of you have created.
You still struggle with ear infections. Again, that is something that we've just decided is "part of you." With each one, I cuddle you, love you, and reassure you that it will be okay...and it always is.
One of my favorite parts of our day is bedtime. We read a book together, pray together, and then lay down; you in your toddler bed, and me next to the bed. You always make sure to give me a blanket for the two minutes I lay there with you. Then, I leave you to sleep, which you are great at. You generally go to bed at 7:20 and wake around 8 am. You take about a two hour nap every afternoon. You are like your mama, when it's time to wake you, you jump out of bed happy and awake.
Recently you went from calling me mama to mommy, yet another sign of you growing up. You LOVE timeout. You happily go there, sit there, tell me your sorry when I go in to get you and talk to you and then you go do what you were supposed to. You also LOVE your grandma and grandpa. You ask for them all the time. Other things you love...shoes, dolls, markers, pens, scissors, Christmas lights, and Chuck E. Cheese's.
Having you as a daughter is a daily pleasure. I am so happy that God placed you in our lives. We are so proud to cal you our daughter. Thank you Brooklyn for being the sweet, little girl that you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment