So earlier this summer we planned a mini vacation to my mom and Ken's house at the Lake of the Ozarks. With everything that happened at the office the week before I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to go, but in the end we did go. We had a blast. We did SO much, the weather was great (hot but perfect for the lake), and fun memories were made. We got there Friday night.
Saturday Joe and I left while mom and Ken watched the girls. We went shopping, watched TED, and went out to eat at Baxter's. It was a nice break. While gone the girls swam in the lake and had lots of fun with grandma and grandpa.
Sunday we did a lot of swimming, jet skiing, and just enjoying the "lake life." Ayla even went on the inter-tube by herself and really did a great job. This was also the day Brooklyn took her first jet ski ride (and LOVED it). I too went inter-tubing only to find out the next day that I am getting old and would pay for it for the next two days. Try holding Brooklyn after that...it was painful!
Monday we got up and ready early and went to Bridal Cave. I know it sounds funny, but I've always seen the signs and wanted to go, so we did. We took the tour. The cave goes 1/4 of a mile back into there and it's actually very pretty. One of life's little precious hidden areas. The girls liked it too. Afterwards grandpa bought them some rock so they could sift for stones. It was fun and I think that was their favorite part. Next we went to dear ol' Wal-Mart, and McDonald's for lunch before heading home. That night we took a boat ride to "Big Dick's" where we ate dinner. While there we watched people take shots with minnow in them (grosss). Afterwards we took a nice boat ride.
Tuesday Joe and I gave Ayla the choice: Miner Mike's or Big Surf. We did tell her if we paid for Big Surf we expected her to ride the rides. After sleeping on it a night she decided that she "needed to wait another year until she was a little older" and we headed to Miner Mike's. We had fun. She got tons of tickets which allowed her to get her beloved turtle stuffed animal. After a little shopping and a stop at Tom's Meat Market we headed home. Again I am sure at some point in that day we swam in the lake.
Wednesday was the Fourth of July!!!! It was a hot day and therefore, guess what?!...we went swimming. We also made a red, white, and blue cake. Ayla loved it, especially the icing! That night the neighbors came over and we ate. They also made homemade ice cream. It was a perfect fourth. Swimming, good fun, fun time, good company and of course FIREWORKS. Joe was so excited he got to light fireworks (we can never do this here in Columbia). The hose did come in handy several times as he had to put out the burning grass. Ayla hung in there until 11:00 that night. She was right up there with Joe lighting them and giving us commentary. At one point she yelled to us, "It's ok to clap." We got really tickled at her comments needless to say.
Thursday we laid-low that morning. That afternoon my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Dale visited us from Warrensburg. I convinced Joyce to get on a jet ski and we went on a little ride. Sorry Joyce that Joe and I about dumped you in the lake; but it was an experience, right?! We went on a boat ride and had a nice visit.
Friday it was the normal, swimming, playing, jet-skiing, etc. Then that afternoon our neighbors from here in Columbia came. We had a great time. We floated in the lake for a while, rode jet skis, inter-tubed and then went to dinner on the lake at Plain Jane's. The girls were worn out!
In between our many times of swimming, jet skiing, visiting he neighbors, inter-tubing, etc. we did arts and crafts and activities. I took a huge tub of activities for the girls to do. They both enjoyed that tub all week long too.
It was sad to come back to reality, but it was nice needed simple family vacation.












No comments:
Post a Comment