Last Thursday, January 27, 2011, I took Brooklyn for her one month apt. (even though she was 5 1/2 weeks old). Here were her stats...
Length: 20.5" (25%)
Weight: 9lbs 11.5oz. (75%)
Head Curr.: 15" (75%)
My only concern when I took Brooklyn to the doctor was that her umbilical cord was still on and it was gross. So Dr. Garb put silver nitrate on it to "help" it fall off. I asked Dr. Garb if this happens often and he said, "1 or 2 times a year." Overall, Brooklyn did great at her appointment and it was a success. (Did I mention we went through an outfit, two diapers, and had one feeding in the short 45 min. period I was there?)
It seriously took Brooklyn's umbilical cord 6 weeks and 1 day to FINALLY fall off! We were so happy to say goodbye to that thing!!! It happened on the same day the blizzard hit Columbia and we got 18" of snow! So everyone was home to witness it (and yes, I took a picture of it). Joe said it looked like a piece of poop next to her and I have to agree that it did!
Ayla has a terrible cold right now. We are all trying to be very cautious in hopes of not getting it. She loves Brooklyn with all her might, and we are making her limit how close she gets to her sister and limit her touching her at all. Poor Ayla!
Finally, my mom came 7 weeks ago tomorrow and tomorrow she is headed home back to Wyoming so we are going to be on our own. It's been a wonderful time to look back and reflect on, a time we will never forget. I can't begin to thank my mom enough for all of the help and support she has provided to our family during this transitional time. Mom's really are the best and I am so grateful for mine. Just a little sidenote, the other day Ayla told me this, "Mom, in five days, grandma is going home. You will have to do laundry then. Since you'll have to do laundry you can take Brooklyn into my room and I'll watch her while you do it." God, I love that kid. I feel so blessed in my life!




No comments:
Post a Comment