So Brooklyn has started to sleep throughout the night, which is wonderful. However, with that came a terrible breast infection called Mastitis. With Ayla I never got up to pump in the middle of the night, so I never dreamed to this time (sleep is precious time). Well, due to my lack of pumping I got sick this weekend, and I mean terribly sick. Sick to the point that I couldn't move or get out of bed. My fever at it's highest point was 103.3, I ached as if I had the flu, I had a terrible headache, and yes, my boob was REALLY hurting me. After 48 hours of being on antibotics I can see a light at the end of the tunnel but man, that was a rough one.
Thankfully, my husband did the best he could to pitch in. All weekend he had Ayla (I rarely saw her) and then Sunday night he had to take both girls cause I just couldn't function anymore. He told me tonight that yesterday was rough and one day of caring for both kids was enough.
Other news on the homefront, Brooklyn is an EATING MACHINE. Seriously, tonight I couldn't feed her enough so we got a bottle, then another, then another. She ended up eating near 10 ounces in one sitting! Talk about a hungry girl. There is a reason why she is a healthy looking child. She takes her milk seriously. This is the second night in a row she has done this. Today she ate a total of 32 ounces, Joe and I figured it out. Let's just hope I can keep up with her demand.
Looking forward to getting back to normal and spending time with the family as a normal human being again. That was a rough one!




No comments:
Post a Comment