Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend in Hermann

This weekend we went camping in Hermann. We met up with my brother and his family Friday night. We just chilled Friday night and York cooked us all dinner. He made some really good potato salad. Then I tried to get Ayla to sleep, but it didn't work. She was up till 10:30 and then woke at 5:30. Saturday we went wine tasting in the morning, then we went to lunch at another winery, Stonehill, where George and Karla (our neighbors) met us. Then after that we all took naps before going swimming in the city pool (which was very nice). Joe then BBQed up some yummy food before the rain hit us (he had very good timing). We spent the night playing games and hanging out together. It was a perfect day. Sunday morning we got up and proceeded home only to hit a HUGE storm. Our motorhome felt like it was going to blow over. We finally pulled over and waited out the storm (and Ayla ate lunch). We finally made it home. Ayla took a nap and then we went to Cousin Brian's first birthday party. He was so happy and enjoyed every minute of his birthday party. He was especially cute with the icing all over his face. Again, we tried to feed Ayla some cake and she spit it out. The girl hates cake. So now I have to come up with some yummy dessert for her birthday party that isn't cake. This could get interesting. Sorry, but I forgot my camera this weekend in Hermann. I will try to remember to post some pics from Brian's birthday party when I get time. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers