Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gaining Independence

Ayla is into doing everything her way and on her terms. That has caused a lot of crying, tears, and being sent to her room. Joe and I refuse to let our child tell us what to do....we are the parents.
However, sometimes when it's not a big issue, I just let her win. Wednesday morning she wanted to put on her Elmo socks and sparkly pink shoes, so I let her. Joe came out of the bedroom from getting ready and told me that our child would not leave the house looking like that (she was going to daycare that day). So he somehow convinced her to change to her nicer shoes and socks that matched. She would have never done that for me! Below are pictures of her in "her gear."




Ayla LOVES to put on our shoes and walk around in them. It's too cute. She can say the word "shoe" quite well too!

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers