Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Teeth and Overall Update!

Well last Friday, March 2nd, 2012 Brooklyn FINALLY got her bottom right molar. It has by far given her the most troubles. These molar in generally are terrible. This one has blood all around it and a thin layer of skin over it for a day or so. Finally it just looks like a normal tooth now. Then yesterday, Monday, March 6th her fourth molar on the left hand side popped through. I am hoping that the kid can have some relief now.

Last week I took Ayla to a new dentist. I wasn't happy with the one we had been going to and this one was much better and overall an awesome experience. We were there for an hour and 40 mins. Brooklyn did a great job just entertaining herself as we were there. At the end she cried because she didn't get a toy though and they gave in and gave her coins to get her own toy. Ayla did AWESOME. They did everything to her and she just took it all in. It made me realize how quickly she is really growing up in front of me. She is a little girl now. No more baby, toddler, older toddler, etc. She is a girl now. Her teeth all looked great, but we have failed as parents to be flossing on a regular basis with her and there is one tooth (where we haven't flossed) that looked like a cavity could be forming. So we are going to regularly floss and keep an eye on it. Now, if I could only get Brooklyn to open her mouth so I could brush and floss her teeth. Oh well. I must admit at the dentist the cutest thing was when they asked her who brushed her teeth. She said, "In the morning I do all by myself and at night my daddy does."

As everyone knows Ayla keeps me VERY busy everyday, every minute. It's just Ayla. She's always been like this and probably always will be. But the other day she was using the restroom and was screaming for me. She rarely does this. I went in there and she said, "my toilet paper isn't soft enough." Really Ayla? Sometimes the things she does and says just cracks me up.

This morning Joe and I had Ayla's first ever parent teacher conferences. Ayla's teacher showed us how she has grown, and she really has. Before she could cut things out but it wasn't the greatest, now she can. Her teacher said she knew how to spell almost every kids name in the class, her writing has dramatically improved, and her drawing of herself had really grown! It was so neat to see her growth! Ayla was able to do everything on the checklist for her age with no problems and her teacher said she is "smart, no I mean really smart." And she said, "Ayla is the little mother hen. She is a leader." My heart about melted I was so proud of her. Now to keep her challenged throughout the summer!

Brooklyn just continues to be herself. I love her but I must admit that sometimes I am really concerned about her. She has been on antibiotics for nearly three months now. We go back March 15th to see what the next step. I am fearful of taking her off of the meds because she has been happy and healthy. Though we do have to keep her home a lot and away from places where germs reside, she has been healthy. Another thing that concerns me is her speech. She rarely talks. She can say words but they aren't that often. She goes through stages like any kid and I know in due time she will talk but the grunting and hand gestures are getting old. She will say a few words like when she throws her food from the kitchen table she will say, "no no." I know, great! She always says, "nu nu." That is her word for Ayla. She is crazy about Ayla. I am sure her ears and speech are all connected and as we figure out the ears her speech will take off. Until then, I will do what any good mom would do, and try my best to encourage speech and just love her for who she is!

We are so looking forward to getting out the motorhome and traveling together as a family. Spring can't get here soon enough.

On a total side note, next year at this time Joe and I will be on a cruise in HAWAII! That is right, we are leaving the girls with grandma and grandpa and taking off for what I consider my dream vacation with our neighbors, George and Karla.

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers