Thursday, January 12, 2012

And We Continue On...




Dearest Brooklyn,
We continue to work with you and these darn ears. The last couple of weeks has been a journey, yet again. December 22nd, you went in for your well check appointment. I knew you weren't well. Turns out your right ear (that is the BAD one) was full of puss but we decided to try to wait it out. Well over the holiday the whole family came down with a cold. I don't know if you got the cold too or your ear infection just got worse but it was apparent that you didn't feel well. One day about 8 days after that appointment, you woke up from your nap with blood coming out of your right ear. I called the doctor and took you in the next morning. The doctor said both of your ears were full of puss; so much so that he couldn't see the tubes. So he said it was now necessary to put you on antibiotics (yet again). Plus we were to continue the antibiotic ear drops as well. So the next couple of days you were still sick and then quickly got better. The next week was great. You were the happy baby that we see each time you are put on medicine. Four days went by and I took you back for your ear check, that was today. Well your left ear was perfect but that darn right ear still had fluid in it. The doctor is thinking that the position of the tube isn't the greatest. It is too high and not allowing the fluid to drain completely off. Plus he really thinks that you need your adenoids out, but that can't be done until you are around the age of two. So here we are again....totally at a loss as to what to do with you. The doctor suggested putting you on a low dose of antibiotics daily for the next three months in hoping that your ears will "maintain" themselves during that time. Time will tell.... I feel so bad for you. Today while he was looking in your ears you were crying so hard and these big tears were coming out, I just wanted to make it all better for you. I am sorry that you hurt. However, I think in this situation we need to look at the good. Things could be way worse. You have something that does hurt you but one day you will at least outgrow it. You have a mom and dad that love you and will do whatever necessary to care for you. You are blessed in so many ways Brooklyn. Chin up B Bear! (Sorry to also give you three shots today too but we have waiting too long for you to be well that it just needed to be done!)
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers