Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Update!

I seriously don't know where to start to update our blog. The summer has literally flown by and so much has happened this summer. To start the summer out Ayla went to Summer Playschool for three weeks. She went from 9-noon each day. She LOVED it and had a blast. She got her first boyfriend, did lots of crafts and loved being in a big class (of 21) with four teachers. Since then she has spent her summer days visiting others, at Kerry's (home daycare), or home with me. Mid summer I got a call from Trinity Lutheran that Ayla's name came up on their waiting list (she's been on it forever). Initially I thought I wasn't going to change her, but after talking to Joe and Ayla we decided the change would be good for her. So starting August 15th, she will begin going to preschool there three days a week. The other two days she will be home with me!

Brooklyn continues to grow like a weed! I can't believe how big she has got this summer and how many things she has learned. Brooklyn has experienced a lot of new things this summer like a trooper. She rarely complains and just goes along with whatever we are doing. During the weeks Brooklyn is at home with me three days a week, and goes to an in home daycare two days a week. She too loves the motorhome and our adventures in the motorhome.

This summer we have literally been on the go. Rarely have we stayed home on a weekend but with that said, I wouldn't change it for anything. The girls, especially Ayla, have had a blast. Everywhere we go we meet new and wonderful people and experience new and different things.
In June my mom and Ken came to visit. They went to the lake and found a house they fell in love with. Mind you, they live in Wyoming. Well, after going back and talking it over, they put an offer on the house! After talking it over, they decided they were going to retire and enjoy their retirement years. The house was a bit of a fixer up, so we have spent a lot of the end of July and beginning of August at the lake helping mom take down wallpaper, paint, etc. It's a lot of work, but it's going to be awesome when it's done! I am SUPER excited to have them back and now the girls will have many fond memories of grandma and grandpa's house.

Here it is August, and I am still trying to figure out where the summer went, but at least it's been a good (and might I add) very HOT one!

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers