As Saturday, October 2, 2010 approaches, I am dumbfounded at the thought that my daughter is going to be three years old. Where has time gone? It seems like she was just born, then learned to walk, talk, etc. Here is a letter to my precious angel for her third birthday!
Ayla,
I cannot belive how time has flown. You captured my heart from the moment I met you, but each day I somehow seem to love you more and more. I love you for who you are and for all the funny stuff you do. This past year you have developed from a baby into a mini-person. I see more of myself in you each day, especially your personality. You are such a busy bee, just like your mama. You don't like to sit and you want to be part of whatever is going on. You have amazed me in your abilites too. You can count things (up to 13 recently), you know your ABC's, you know what letters stand for peoples names and you have the memory I have always longed for, as you NEVER forget a thing.
I love how hard-headed you are and you never give into anything (unless we make you); you are a strong person. This past year has been a year of learning rules as you have spent a lot of time in time out. It's also been a year of learning more about you. This year we learned of your allergy to milk, beef, and peanuts and through changing your diet you are now a healthy child. It's been a year of humor and laughter; and what fun it's been to witness that grow. "I'm just kidding" is what you always tell us when you are joking with us. It's also been a year of learning about how things change, some people have come and gone, but one thing will always stay the same....you will always have your mom and dad to count on. You have also learned that even though your family might not be in the same town, you are so loved by them and they are always there for you. Last but not least, you have grown into a preschooler who attends school.
There are so many cute things have done this year, too many to write, but one thing I must say is how proud I am of you for learning about God. Every night you amaze me in what you pray for, you are so compassionate and always thinking of others. Also, you have learned how to pray for your food and some mornings I see you praying alone before you start eating your food. Though you are too young to know it now, God is always there for you and there to lead you on your journey of life.
Little girl, you don't know it now, but someday you will realize how much a mother's love is for their daughter. I love you more than I could ever tell you and I love you for who you are and the person you are becoming. Thank you for blessing me with you. You are my little princess!
Love,
Mom




No comments:
Post a Comment