Thursday, June 24, 2010

MMR Shot, I really dislike you!

Last week we had to take Ayla to the dr. She had a syst in her chest and we wanted to make sure it wasn't anything major, which it wasn't...thank goodness. While there, I agreed to just go forth with the shot that I had been putting off, the MMR shot. Since then we have a different child living with us, and let me tell you, we want our old one back. Holy moly, I never knew that they could act out like this due to a shot. We have had a very rough week. Monday night we tried to go out to eat with George and Karla, but Ayla threw a fit and Joe had to bring her home before his food was served. We kinda knew we were doomed on the way there when she chucked her shoe at Joe's head as he was driving. Then Tuesday we preached and preached to her about being good while going to Shakespear's with the Loos family, and luckily their daughter entertained her the whole time and we made it through dinner. Wednesday was rough. I didn't get her to Kerry's house until past 9:00 cause it was fit after fit over nothing. Then on the mile drive to daycare she chucked her shoe at me while driving. I pulled over and had a chat with her. Lots of crying and wining all day at Kerry's too. That night she lost it on the way home. Joe and I looked at each other (and we had researched it that day) and said, "this isn't our kid." So when she got home she was sent to her room. I then went in and had a big talk with her. She told me that she just didn't feel good all day and her tummy was hurting her. I gave her motrin and tums and my sweet little girl returned! Today was a great day, but she is eating very little and ask for tums when her stomach is bothering her. It's really frustrating. From what I understand too, the side effects can last for MONTHS. Seriously? At least we did it now before baby number #2, but all I have to say is you MMR shot....I REALLY dislike you!

No comments:

Our Girls!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers