So, Joe and I have been working for quite sometime now to get the area done so that we can put together the swingset that we got Ayla for Christmas. I had NO idea it was going to be so much work. The supplies alone costs way more than the swingset too. (we just got her an old style metal swingset, nothing too special) So this is how it went..prior to this weekend Joe rented a sod machine to get the grass up and we had moved it all to other areas in the yard that needed grass also we had already gone and got 55 or so bricks, we had planned to lay them straight across. When we got to thinking that wouldn't keep the pea gravel in, so we decided that they needed to be upright. Making this decision meant a lot more work for me (cause Joe doesn't dig). So I dug one side on Saturday and then Joe and I went to Menard's (my new favorite store) to get the rest of the supplies. We found it all and paid for it and then realized we had over 5000 pounds of supplies. So it took Joe THREE trips. He did all the loading and unloading (which was a lot of work). On Sunday I got up and went to digging. Then I discovered we bought the wrong color of bricks! They didn't match (which would drive me nuts). We then loaded up 45 bricks and went back to Menard's. This time we took Ayla too. Well, Joe worked on switching them out and Ayla and I went to their kids play area. Ayla LOVED that area. It is honestly better than any park we have gone to and very appropriate for her age. So we played over an hour while Joe dealt with the switching of bricks. We came home and he once again unloaded them all. By that time it was Ayla's naptime. So I put her down and ran out to start digging again. Needless to say, I got it done (Joe had to go to work). Then when Joe got home he watched Ayla and I laid weed mat. Then we switched and I watched Ayla while he lugged 70 bags of pea gravel (that weigh 50 pounds each) and laid it out. We didn't have enough pea gravel (as you see in the pictures). We are sore and I am very sunburnt (kid's sunscreen must not work well on adults...it is all I could find).
Sunday, April 26, 2009
The Weekend Project
So, Joe and I have been working for quite sometime now to get the area done so that we can put together the swingset that we got Ayla for Christmas. I had NO idea it was going to be so much work. The supplies alone costs way more than the swingset too. (we just got her an old style metal swingset, nothing too special) So this is how it went..prior to this weekend Joe rented a sod machine to get the grass up and we had moved it all to other areas in the yard that needed grass also we had already gone and got 55 or so bricks, we had planned to lay them straight across. When we got to thinking that wouldn't keep the pea gravel in, so we decided that they needed to be upright. Making this decision meant a lot more work for me (cause Joe doesn't dig). So I dug one side on Saturday and then Joe and I went to Menard's (my new favorite store) to get the rest of the supplies. We found it all and paid for it and then realized we had over 5000 pounds of supplies. So it took Joe THREE trips. He did all the loading and unloading (which was a lot of work). On Sunday I got up and went to digging. Then I discovered we bought the wrong color of bricks! They didn't match (which would drive me nuts). We then loaded up 45 bricks and went back to Menard's. This time we took Ayla too. Well, Joe worked on switching them out and Ayla and I went to their kids play area. Ayla LOVED that area. It is honestly better than any park we have gone to and very appropriate for her age. So we played over an hour while Joe dealt with the switching of bricks. We came home and he once again unloaded them all. By that time it was Ayla's naptime. So I put her down and ran out to start digging again. Needless to say, I got it done (Joe had to go to work). Then when Joe got home he watched Ayla and I laid weed mat. Then we switched and I watched Ayla while he lugged 70 bags of pea gravel (that weigh 50 pounds each) and laid it out. We didn't have enough pea gravel (as you see in the pictures). We are sore and I am very sunburnt (kid's sunscreen must not work well on adults...it is all I could find).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment