We have had one heck of a week.
Monday night we went to visit my (Rachel's) grandma in the nursing home. They had their Thanksgiving meal, so we loaded up and headed to Pilot Grove. Ayla, being sick, was very well behaved. She just had a ball walking all around the long hallways. We got back into town that night and I started to not feel well. I was laying on the couch when Joe's sister, Chris, came in and announced that she too wasn't feeling well. Well, beginning at 9:00 that night the stomach flu hit our house. Chris and I occupied two bathrooms for the whole night. Then at 3:30 I heard someone in the third bathroom, it was Joe. We were all sicker than dogs. I called my mom and she came and resuced Ayla so she wouldn't get this ontop of her sinus infection.
This morning we woke up feeling much better. Joe has been fine all day, Chris and I have sorta struggled but are getting back to normal. Then at 3:30 I got a call from Ayla's sister, she was breaking out in the hives. Joe went and got her and brought her home. She was covered. She is allergic to Pincillin it turns out. My mom came over to check her out, we gave her Benadryl which seemed to help some. My mom ended up taking her home so that we could finish cleaning the house and getting ready for the crew to come tomorrow for Thanksgiving. So poor little Ayla is probably wondering what the heck is going on.
Needless to say, it's been a long week at our house, and it's not over yet.
Ayla can't go back an any antibotics until Monday. They want it to totally be out of her system before they will call anything else in. So hopefully she will make it through the weekend. The poor kid has been sick over a month.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. We love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment